We read the names of God and then gave one another a chance to make public declarations of who God is.
Perhaps why John in Rev. 12 says that “we overcome the enemy by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony.”
I want you to ponder for a moment who Jesus is – as I list the various names of God, I want you to hold onto the name of God that you need to be reminded of today. Put a check besides the ones you need to declare, by faith, or as a testimony that this is how you are experiencing Him in these days.
And then at the end I would like to encourage you to speak it out, out of a heart of praise…even speak it out by faith.
- El Shaddai – the Lord God Almighty
- El Elyon the Lord Most High
- Adonai Lord, Master
- Yahweh Lord, Jehovah
- Jehovah Nissi the Lord My Banner
- Jehovah Raah the Lord My Shepherd
- Jehovah Rapha the Lord that heals
- Jehovah Shammah the Lord is Here
- Jehovah Tsidkenu the Lord Our Righteousness
- Jehovah Mekoddishkem the Lord who sanctifies you
- El Olam the everlasting God
- Elohim / God
- Jehovah Jireh the Lord will provide
- Jehovah Shalom the Lord is Peace
- Jehovah Sabaoth the Lord of Hosts
- Abba / intimate term for God as papa or daddy
- The way, the truth and the life
- The door
- Bread of Life / Manna
- Great High Priest
- Author and Finisher of our Faith
- The First and the Last
- Beginning and End
- Light to the Nations
I know sharing in Communion on ZOOM is less than ideal (so much less than ideal), but through COVID it is the best we can do. But even though it isn’t ideal, doesn’t mean it’s less important, in fact I believe it is all the more important. During this time when we might be tempted to let our faith waiver or weaken, or allow disappointment to set in, it is all the more vital we gather “together” and make the declaration together who we are as children of God.
1 Corinthians 11:26 says that whenever we share in Communion we are announcing (declaring, proclaiming) the Lord’s death until He comes. That means we are declaring to the seen (one another) and the unseen (angels and demons) who Jesus is, and who we are as followers of Jesus! All the more in these days do we need to be making this declaration.
Following our time of Communion we took time for a quick teaching on God's Khesed coupled with this short video on the topic.